The password is an essential thing, which helps us to access your account. Remember, if you have lost or forgot your Hotmail password, then you will not be able to sign into your account or want your Hotmail password recovery soon. This problem is very common and often occurs with other users. As everyone is not technical, so they don’t know how to reset Hotmail password. If you are facing the same password resetting problem; then do not panic!! We have come up with the complete procedure, which will help you to recover your account by resetting your password with ease.
- First, you need to open the home page of the Hotmail. Let me tell you that it has updated its names to Outlook.com, but you can still access your account through the Outlook.com Log in the page. Hotmail account is still working with Outlook.com.
- You can retrieve inactive accounts for up to 365 days from the last time you signed in. Accounts that have not been used over a year will be automatically deleted.
- After deactivating your account manually, you have to recover it within 30 days and activate it again before it gets deleted permanently.
- Press the “Can’t access my account?” You will find it below the dialogue box of email and password.
- You need to choose “I forgot my password” and click on the “Next button”.
- You need to type the Hotmail address, which you need to access the “Microsoft account” field. Enter the Captcha code and click on the Next.
- Choose a confirmation method, in order to get to the password reset page. You need to confirm your identity with Microsoft. There are many methods for doing so, depending on the contact preferences you have configured for your account.
- Email – If you have added a recovery email address related to your account, a confirmation code will be sent to it. You must need to configure a secondary email for your account while creating it.
- Use an app – If you have already downloaded the Microsoft Account app in your system, you can use it to generate a unique code to confirm your identity. You are required to configure the setup to use this app when you will get the authorization.
- Text – If you have a mobile phone number related to the account, Microsoft will send you a text code to confirm your identity. You need to provide your phone number while creating your account.
- I don’t have any of these – This may also be named as I don’t use these anymore. If you don’t have any recovery information related to your account, you can select this option to give an answer to the question that will confirm your identity to Microsoft.
- You need to answer the questions asked by the Microsoft. If you had chosen “I don’t have any of this”option, then you are required to answer the questions asked by them to prove your authority to the account. This is to avoid unauthorized users from using your private emails. You will need to give an alternate contact email address while creating your account, but if you don’t have one you need to create one for free.
- You will be asked to answer the questions such as account creation dates, previously-used passwords, and other specific questions about your account. These surveys are checked by support staff and matched against records to review the accuracy. Getting a response from experts may take a few days.
- Get your confirmation code: Once you’ve chosen your confirmation method, you need to recover your code from going to the password reset page.
- If you have chosen email as the confirmation method, then ensure to review all possible locations for the confirmation email, including Spam. If you are accessing Gmail, check for the updates in the Update section.
- Type your confirmation code: If you still have the access to the page, then you can type the code in the box. If you’ve closed the confirmation page, you can access it again by starting the account recovery process over again and selecting the same contact method.
- Set a new password: After typing your confirmation code, you’ll be directed to the account reset page. Here you can set a new password that you’ll use to start your Hotmail account again.
- Sign in to your account: Once your password has been reset, it will become your account password. Use it to run your Hotmail account from the Outlook.com log in page.
By executing these above-mentioned steps, your account will be recovered easily. If you face any issue while resetting your Hotmail password, then you can take support from the Hotmail customer service team for instant solutions.